Position Opening – Society Exchequer
The Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA) is seeking candidates for the position of Society Exchequer. This position reports to the SCA Corporate Treasurer.
Duties and responsibilities:
1. Track and review quarterly reports on Kingdom accounts
2. Review Financial Policies and submit to the Board for approval
3. Report quarterly to the Board and the Corporate Treasurer.
4. Conduct training of Kingdom Exchequers.
5. Maintain the various exchequer handbooks/manuals as scheduled.
6. Work with the Tax Specialist in maintaining exchequer reporting forms.
7. Review and process requests to open or change bank accounts.
8. Monitor use of Paypal and the training by Paypal specialist.
1. Moderate to expert MS Excel proficiency.
2. Moderate MS Word proficiency.
3. Good communication skills.
4. Previous experience as a Kingdom Exchequer required.
5. Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred.
Prior experience as an exchequer in the SCA is required; prior Kingdom Exchequer experience is highly desired. Working knowledge of SCA’s accounting procedures is necessary. Individuals with accounting backgrounds or training are highly desired. Dependable email access and dependable phone access are required for this position.
The Society Exchequer receives a stipend for their services and will receive a 1099 for tax purposes. Work load will vary but expect to put in an average of 15 hours per week.
Interested applicants should send a letter of interest, together with modern and SCA qualifications, via hardcopy to:
Society for Creative Anachronism
PO Box 360789
Milpitas, CA 95036-0789
Courtesy copies should be provided via email to:
The deadline for applications is April 1, 2017.
Comments are strongly encouraged and can be sent to:
Milpitas, CA 95036
You may also email email@example.com.
This announcement is an official informational release by the Society for Creative Anachronism , Inc. Permission is granted to reproduce this announcement in its entirety in newsletters, websites and electronic mailing lists.