Job Announcement – Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Officer
The Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc. (SCA) is seeking candidates for the position of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Officer. This is a volunteer position reporting to the President of the SCA. The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Officer is responsible for recognizing, creating, and implementing plans to promote diversity and inclusion to create an atmosphere where all people feel welcome and valued. A significant part of the role is promoting and offering Board approved officer training programs to enhance understanding of inclusion issues.
Your responsibilities as the Diversity and Inclusion Officer will include:
- Researching and advising the board on diversity, equity, and inclusion issues.
- Suggest policies relating to diversity, inclusion, and corresponding affected areas.
- Identifying external trends and recognizing best practices which will increase diversity in our membership.
- Work with officers of the SCA to improve our diversity and inclusion practices
- Prepare diversity, equity, and inclusion training for officers.
- Review the organizations policies and procedures to ensure that these are inclusive.
Requirements for this position:
- Knowledge of diversity, equity, and inclusion issues.
- Some policy development experience.
- Dependable email and phone access.
- Strong communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of and experience working with the operating documents of the Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc.
- Some social media experience.
Applicants must be paid members of the Society; be prepared to submit to an SCA background check; and be able to travel to board meetings as approved by the board.
Hard copies of résumés (both professional and SCA related, including offices held and honors) must be sent to the attention of ‘The Board of Directors’, SCA, Inc., P.O. Box 360789, Milpitas, CA 95036-0789. Electronic courtesy copies should also be sent to email@example.com by April 1, 2019.
If you choose to send in comments, please use the subject “Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Officer Position Feedback”
Comments are strongly encouraged and can be sent to:
Milpitas, CA 95036
You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This announcement is an official informational release by the Society for Creative Anachronism , Inc. Permission is granted to reproduce this announcement in its entirety in newsletters, websites and electronic mailing lists.