The Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA) is seeking candidates for the position of Society Webminister.
This position reports to the SCA Board of Directors through the Office of the President. The Society Webminister is a supervisory position of Kingdom Webministers, and is not involved in maintenance of the Corporate website (www.sca.org).
The Society Webminister is responsible for the following duties:
1. Ongoing development and revision of the Society Webminister’s policies and procedures, as detailed in the Society Webminister Handbook. This work will include solutions for website issues as they develop; observing trends; awareness of potential issues and streamlining webministry policies to provide better service to the SCA.
2. Develop and enforce clear guidelines for local SCA group websites based on the standards found in the Society Webminister’s Handbook.
3. Warranting of kingdom-level Webministers.
4. Supervision of all kingdom-level websites, including proper use of domain names, monitoring content, regular reporting from Kingdom Webministers, and enforcement of the Society Webministry policies and procedures.
5. Acting as a subject matter expert and resource regarding issues related to websites at the kingdom and local levels.
6. Quarterly reporting to the Board of Directors for the Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc.
* Moderate to expert proficiency in web-related technologies (e.g. HTML, Java, PHP, ASP, web hosting issues, etc.);
* Microsoft Word proficiency;
* The ability to clearly communicate via email, phone, and in written reports; and
* Dependable email access, internet, and phone access.
* Prior experience as a Webminister in the SCA; and
* Prior experience as an officer at the Kingdom or Baronial level.
Those interested in the position of Society Webminister should submit hard copies of résumés (both professional and SCA related, including offices held and honors) to the attention of ‘The Board of Directors’, SCA, Inc., P.O. Box 360789, Milpitas, CA 95036-0789. Electronic courtesy copies should also be sent to resumes at sca.org and it at sca.org. The deadline for applications is extended until December 31, 2017.
Comments are strongly encouraged and can be sent to:
Milpitas, CA 95036
You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This announcement is an official informational release by the Society for Creative Anachronism , Inc. Permission is granted to reproduce this announcement in its entirety in newsletters, websites and electronic mailing lists.